About Me

My photo
Hampshire, United Kingdom
In July 2010 I graduated from KLC School of Design in London with a Professional Diploma in Interior Design (please see the tabs below for course details and project portfolios). Since September 2010 I've been working for a local interior design practice just outside Alton in Hampshire. Through this blog, I hope to share with you products which I like and things which inspire me - together with the odd post about my own home which is a working project. A good home is never finished!

Thursday 25 February 2016

My Own Home - Second Bedroom

The last time I posted anything about my own home was in June 2012 and at that time our plans were to do our son's bedroom and the guest bedroom - both before Christmas - I can tell you that didn't happen! We did just about manage to get our son's room done in time for Christmas but it would be another 18 months or so before the guest room was tackled!

So, here goes with the update on our son's bedroom ......





This is what it looked like just after he left to go and do a Masters at Nottingham Uni - it looks like he left in a hurry!



It was a bit of a mission to clear the room and it took a while, but it was all worth it ......





The wall colour is Zoffany Half Harbour Grey.  I painted the furniture in Zoffany Quarter Harbour Grey and replaced the knobs.  The floor was fine - I just added a rug either side of the bed.  The picture above the bed was a photo we took on a skiing holiday and I had it put onto 3 canvases.

Zoffany Paint - Sample Pot 125ml Half Harbour Grey
Zoffany Half Harbour Grey
Zoffany Paint - Sample Pot 125ml Quarter Harbour Grey
Zoffany Quarter Harbour Grey
For the rugs I used Alternative Flooring Rock 'n' Roll 1979 London Calling, bound in Dewberry Linen border.  The Alternative Flooring website allows you to create an image of the rug before you buy (as does Crucial Trading) and you can order samples direct from their with website - always recommended!


Alternative Flooring Rock 'n' Roll (available in lots of colours).

For the curtains I used Wemyss Denver which is a really heavy linen.  Unfortunately it's discontinued now but there are plenty of linen alternatives.  The border is Travers Ikat Tape.


The cushions are Mark Alexander Tunis Cinnabar Red trimmed in Houles Fleurs De Lin Beaded Fringe.


We also fitted the replacement wardrobe doors which we'd had propped up in the guest room for 7 years!  At the same time as doing this room in the run up to Christmas, we were also planning a new kitchen (the subject of my next post!)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment