About Me

My photo
Hampshire, United Kingdom
In July 2010 I graduated from KLC School of Design in London with a Professional Diploma in Interior Design (please see the tabs below for course details and project portfolios). Since September 2010 I've been working for a local interior design practice just outside Alton in Hampshire. Through this blog, I hope to share with you products which I like and things which inspire me - together with the odd post about my own home which is a working project. A good home is never finished!

Friday 3 February 2017

My Own Home - Dining Room Update

As I alluded to in my "Catch Up Post", we redecorated the Dining Room last summer and this is how it turned out, but first a reminder of how it looked before .......






Lots of wood!










This is what I planned to do ........


And this is how it turned out ........


The walls are Zoffany Half Paris Grey.

We had the chairs sprayed (too fiddly to paint!) and I repainted all the furniture in Farrow & Ball Drop Cloth.

I've yet to paint the inside of the glazed cupboards.






The table and chairs were sprayed in a lacquer to match the Farrow & Ball paint colour.  We also had the base of the table sprayed because it's tougher than eggshell paint and the table top was French polished to restore it to its former glory!

The carvers and chairs were recovered in Romo Layton, but in different colours.












The curtain fabric is Sanderson Jamila from the Sojourn collection and I contrast lined them in Ian Sanderson Pippi Stripe.  I chose double pleat headings as they're just a bit more contemporary than triple (French) pleat curtains.  The pole is from The Bradley Collection.

























The lamp is from Cox & Cox and the lampshade is from Pooky Lighting.















We haven't done the rug yet either - might need to take the doors off into the Sitting Room to do that so kind of putting off that job!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment