About Me

My photo
Hampshire, United Kingdom
In July 2010 I graduated from KLC School of Design in London with a Professional Diploma in Interior Design (please see the tabs below for course details and project portfolios). Since September 2010 I've been working for a local interior design practice just outside Alton in Hampshire. Through this blog, I hope to share with you products which I like and things which inspire me - together with the odd post about my own home which is a working project. A good home is never finished!

Sunday 17 April 2016

Spring has sprung!

Just a quick post .......I've had a lovely couple of hours out in the sunshine today tidying up the garden in readiness for a few new plants .  Actually, just one flower bed and it's so wet it took me back to my childhood and playing with mud pies but there's something quite rewarding and therapeutic about gardening and I'm hoping that if I put the work in now, there will be less to do as the weather improves and I can just sit and enjoy it with a glass or cup of something appropriate for the time of day. 

While I was out there, I took a few pics and here's what is currently in flower .......







Some kind of blossom - have to confess, I have no idea what this is but the bullfinches love it (and pigeons when the berries grow!)















Lots of primulas and primroses this year ...........







And a few tulips (my favourites!)




Some miniature hellebores ......so pretty and old fashioned





























Lots of bergenia  (good for shade - we have lots of that too) ..........



A couple of ribes  (great............ grow anywhere - we're on clay)    
  
 

                            And a few forsythias (or, as my sister calls it - Brucies!)



I posted this one on Instagram yesterday but this post wouldn't be complete without including my beautiful camellia given to me by a friend a few years ago.  It's taken a while but it has been fantastic for the last couple of years so I think she (she was christened "Camille") is finally happy in her surroundings!


Here she is in all her glory, although the photo doesn't quite do it justice.........



I also checked out the pots on the terracing that we had done last year and was so pleased to see the hostas are coming back, the first year I've been able to grow them 2 years running.  Now I just have to keep the slugs away!



The cat joined us for coffee (he didn't have coffee, obviously!) but he's a sociable soul and if we're out in the garden, so is he!





















I'm writing this from the conservatory with a cup of tea and I had to include a picture of my amaryllis - I realise most people's have been and gone by now, but mine was obviously a late developer!  However, like all good things in this life, it was worth waiting for!





















Bye for now!  x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment